Social Media Marketing Specialist
Focused Ultrasound Foundation
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a dynamic medical research, education, and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a Social Media Specialist. The Social Media Specialist will oversee engagement on all the organization’s social properties and help develop best practices on each network.
This position will work closely with the Director of Communications, the Media Manager, and other communications team members. May also assist other Foundation teams – including Development (fundraising), Advocacy, and Science/Medical – on a variety of social media projects.
This full-time position will require in-office presence at least 4 days per week.
- Assist in the social media calendar maintenance and create engaging content to drive audience development
- Day-to-day account management, including maintaining logins, and account updates (logos, bios, links)
- Launch new social media accounts as needed
- Execute against social content calendar by writing all copy, scheduling & publishing posts, and verifying content launches across social media platforms
- Assist with video clipping and other turnkey asset creation as needed
- Facilitate social media community management (reviewing inbox, responding to posts, etc.)
- Create social teasers, input music, graphics, and effects to existing videos
- Work with the team’s Digital Media Producer to produce and edit social videos for all types of social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook & Twitter
- Upload content to YouTube and help measure performance
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
- Help track best practices and trends on networks
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for search and user experience for all content channels
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro
- Experience with Agorapulse, Google Analytics, Canva, bitly, Linktree, etc.
- Passion for social media
- Proficiency with major social media platforms
- Proficiency with management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools and digital media formats
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital media space
- Strong grasp of various digital platforms and an understanding of best storytelling practices in different ways for different channels
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent social listening skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated, work independently as needed
- Desire and ability to stay on top of evolving online marketing trends
- Flexible and versatile; ability to multi-task and prioritize competing responsibilities
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.