Software Engineer (Mid-Senior Level)
Cerillo is an early-stage company based in Charlottesville, Virginia working to develop novel laboratory instruments. We seek to hire a bright, creative, motivated person to lead the development of our software stack; we have an architecture developed with some initial prototypes and first drafts, but we’re looking for someone to get in the weeds with us on a full-time basis and get us moving forward.
At Cerillo, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Different perspectives and unique ways of thinking are key to bringing new ideas into the biotech sphere. As a company in that industry, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and work together to bring meaningful technologies to our global customer base. Cerillo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals who are passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Your job responsibilities may vary, but will primarily consist of full-stack development of the Cerillo software platform (both desktop and web app with a shared codebase) to interface with, display data from, and control our portfolio of products using best-practices for security and scalability
Experience and Qualifications
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Support other software development goals throughout the company as needed
- Draw on their experience to help us implement and maintain DevOps best practices
- Use strong interpersonal skills to comfortably relate to end users when necessary
- Dedicate themselves to learning whatever is needed to get the job done
- Commit to well-organized and well-documented code
- Take ownership of their work and its place within the bigger picture
- Suggest, prototype, and implement brand-new solutions to wide-ranging problems – we’re always looking for innovation, not iteration on what we already have
…and, if you have any of the following, we would love to hear about it:
- Direct experience in data visualization, software-hardware interfacing, cross-platform software development, and/or wireless technologies
- UI/UX training or background
- Certifications or expertise in technologies that would help you accomplish the goals above (DevOps, AWS, React/Vue, etc.)
- Project management or software development leadership experience
- Past work in the life sciences, biomedical, or medical device industry
Cerillo’s headquarters is located on the edge of the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, part of a vibrant high-tech community in one of the “best places to live” in America. More information about the company can be found at cerillo.bio.