.NET Software Engineer
RIVANNA Medical seeks a Software Engineer who will advance the software development process for our ultrasound-based medical imaging products. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of software development and maintaining adherence to Rivanna Medical’s internal quality management system (QMS).
This is a hands-on role with a particular focus on the effective and timely delivery of Microsoft Windows .NET desktop client software and associated embedded software systems as well as contributing to an innovative multi-disciplinary mechanical and biomedical engineering team.
- Define system specifications and evaluate software architectures that meet the specifications
- Demonstrate leadership and competency in the development, deployment, and integration of software solutions
- Contribute as a member of a hybrid team of internal and external (contracted) software developers
- Collaborate and innovate with all stakeholders, including management and the end-customer
- Deliver software products on schedule and on-budget
- Contribute to defining and maintaining development standards for the development team
- Support the maintenance of the software development platform(s), tools, and infrastructure
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of professional software development experience within the last 10 years
- A minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle experience developing applications in C# or C++
- In-depth knowledge of .NET Core and .NET Application Frameworks
- Full lifecycle development experience, including object-oriented analysis, design, testing, and deployment
- Experience with an agile software development process
- Experience with DevOps software management practices to maintain software quality
- Effective verbal and written communication through one-on-one interactions, group discussions, and formal documentation
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and desire for continuous process improvement
- Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or related professional experience developing and supporting medical device software
- Experience integrating embedded devices with the Windows OS
- Experience with the Intel Data Parallel C++, oneAPI toolkits, and related profiling tools
- Proficiency in additional languages such as C, Python, Java, or F#
- Experience developing and tuning performance-critical, multi-threaded applications on Microsoft Windows or -Unix (Knowledge or interest in developing this skill are also acceptable).
- Experience developing scientific and technical computing applications (ideally in the medical device domain)
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and quality assurance processes
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Long-term disability
- Group Life
- 401(k) match
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.