Software Engineering Manager
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Engineering Manager with expertise in medical device development to join our organization. As Software Engineering Manager, you will play a crucial role in defining the technical strategy and architectural framework for our medical device software systems.
Your deep understanding of building and connecting embedded applications with mobile platforms and digital services, and regulatory requirements in the medical device industry will be instrumental in designing and implementing safe, reliable, and compliant software solutions.
You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, provide technical leadership, and ensure the successful development and deployment of our medical device software products.
Luminoah is a medical technology company that develops innovative tube-feeding solutions to help people live healthier and better lives. Our portable, intuitive, and connected feeding system creates a new reality for users, providing freedom to feed anytime, anywhere while empowering healthcare providers to support patients remotely with data-driven insights. To learn more, visit Luminoah.com.
We were founded by Neal Piper, whose 3-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer in 2019. Neal and his family saw firsthand how antiquated the current feeding tube system is – requiring children to live a sedentary lifestyle while attached to cumbersome equipment and inability to share data effectively with their physician. He assembled a team of experienced professionals from some of the most successful companies in diabetes care, spine care, and software development to build the world’s first truly portable, connected tube feeding system. Visit here to read more about our founding story: https://news.virginia.edu/content/sons-rare-often-deadly-brain-tumor-drove-his-father-build-better-medical-technology
If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can make a real difference in the lives of patients, then Luminoah is the place for you. We are a fast-growing company with a big vision, and we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
- Define and drive the overall software plan for medical device software systems, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA 510(k) submission, ISO 13485, and ISO 60601
- Lead third-party development teams to ensure timely delivery of products within specification and budget
- Design and develop scalable, high-performance software solutions for embedded applications, mobile applications, and digital services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to gather requirements and translate them into robust software designs
- Conduct architectural reviews and provide recommendations to optimize the performance, scalability, and security of software systems
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in embedded systems, mobile applications, and digital services, and proactively incorporate them into the architectural roadmap
- Identify and mitigate technical risks, provide solutions to complex technical challenges, and ensure successful delivery of software projects
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives, such as code refactoring, automation, and adoption of new tools and technologies to enhance software development processes and efficiency
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and document technical specifications, system interfaces, and integration requirements
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Extensive experience as a Technical Lead, or similar role, with a focus on connecting embedded applications with mobile and cloud digital services
- Proven experience in developing mobile applications, including familiarity with frameworks and design patterns
- Deep understanding of digital services and cloud-native architectures, including microservices, APIs, and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages such as Java, Swift, Kotlin, and familiarity with modern development frameworks and tools
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, agile practices, and DevOps principles.
- Strong knowledge of software security principles and best practices, including encryption, authentication, and secure coding.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex requirements into scalable and efficient software designs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our software systems by leveraging your expertise in embedded applications, mobile applications, and digital services. If you are a visionary and results-driven professional with a passion for architecting innovative and cutting-edge solutions, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and be at the forefront of designing and delivering exceptional software products and services.
- Medical Insurance
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.