Software Test Engineer I
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of Software Test Engineer I is within the ARDx Informatics business unit located at Charlottesville, VA. This role will participate in feature definition, requirement verification, and testing methodologies as part of a dynamic Agile team. This individual will work alongside developers to evolve existing unit, integration, and system-level test automation within a Continuous Integration development environment. This individual will contribute as part of team to promote a culture of quality to resolve product issues before field release. The ideal candidate will value culture as much as technical skill.
- Proactively gain proficiency as an expert user of team’s software products to understand users’ experience and quality expectations
- Interact with medical devices in the execution of manual tests
- Translate feature requirements into testable user stories
- Adhere to regulatory standards associated with verification of medical systems
- Support investigation of reported field issues to identify root cause
- Contribute to both manual and automated testing effort (typical 50% split)
- Create automated testware and refactor existing testware to exercise product behaviors while managing test code maintainability and execution efficiency
Experience and Qualifications
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- Demonstrated ability as a self-learner
- Competency with object-oriented programming
- BS degree in technical discipline
- ASTQB certification
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle
- Capable crafting relational database scripts (SQL or equivalent)
- Familiarity with software version control (Git or equivalent)
- Experience with platform virtualization environments (ex. Azure or VMware)
- Capable with XML, JSON, HTML, and CSS
- Experience utilizing Agile development tools for project management and bug tracking (ex. TFS, Jira, or Rally)
- Experience testing RESTful API and competent with API testing tools (ex. Postman and Swagger)
- Background with healthcare industry and associated technologies (ex. HL7 communication)
- Familiar with object-oriented programming language (C# preferred)
Apply directly to company here.
Devices & Instrumentation