Software Testing Engineer
LumaCyte, a biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia is growing! Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, biopharmaceutical, and CDMO organizations to advance their processes and accelerate the delivery of life saving treatments and cures.
Our company is searching for a Software Testing Engineer to assist in the testing, improvement, and development of all the company’s software. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks. We are looking for someone who will enjoy a fast-paced and growing organization with the ability to expand their job description as well as additional opportunities long term.
- Experience with designing test plans and creating test procedure.
- Work closely with bioengineers and software engineers to analyze the requirements and design the test plan.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and develop new automated techniques for testing software and hardware.
- Design, maintain, and execute automated functional, regression, testing codebase.
- Maintain a solid understanding of test workflows, automation best practices.
- Act as liaison between internal Radiance users and the R&D software team for current product continuous improvements through feedback.
- Develop software documentation and training material.
- Collaborate with R&D for debugging software and hardware solutions and testing of new software releases.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in software, engineering, or other related field required.
- 3+ years of experience working with software testing and automation.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision as well as work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Knowledge of relational database query command.
- Know LabVIEW and Python programming language.
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction and oversight.