Supply Chain Manager
Cadence Inc., located in Staunton, Virginia is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager. The right candidate for this position will be well versed in raw material and supplies procurement, inventory management, and production scheduling. This is a salaried, exempt level position responsible for the management and coordination of the supply chain, materials, and planning operations and resources to meet Cadence standards for customer satisfaction (correct, complete, and on-time).
IMPORTANT- in order to be considered, you must apply on our website- www.cadenceinc.com/careers. Your application through indeed will not be considered unless we receive you application on our careers page, www.cadenceinc.com/careers.
Why do you want to work for Cadence?
- You’ll make a positive impact – At Cadence “do the right thing” is more than just a corporate motto; it’s our guiding principle and way of life. You can be proud of the fact that what you do every day improves product performance and patient outcomes.
- You’ll love the work environment – You’ll spend your days in a clean, air-conditioned manufacturing space with big windows that provide lots of natural light. The open office environment allows for easy collaboration and engagement with colleagues. Cadence has a plan in place that meets and exceeds the state’s safety standards during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Path for Growth – For the candidate with the right skills and experience set, this opportunity has the potential to lead to a broader plant or corporate leadership role.
- We live our Values – At Cadence, we believe in Ownership, Balance, Openness, and Respect.
Management of Supply Chain:
- Plan, organize and direct the supply chain, materials, and planning operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Manage supply chain processes to ensure optimal cost and quality, customer service, and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Responsible for all activities associated with inventory management, raw material planning/procurement, vendor-base and vendor-relationships and the cost efficient delivery of materials, MRO, and operating supplies.
- Lead the Sales and Operation Planning process – encompassing forecasting, scheduling, and capacity planning.
- Maintain a procurement system and procedures to control procurement activity throughout the organization which restricts conflict of interest, provides for prudent oversight of inventory and supply management, and which assures the availability and uninterrupted flow of supplies and materials.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production/volume.
- Manage supplier quality – monitoring quality performance and overseeing supplier non-conformance root cause and corrective actions.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with Quality System SOPs, work instructions, drawings, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), ISO, and FDA requirements.
Management, Coaching, and Mentoring of Staff:
- Manage and mentor a team of supply chain professionals, including communicating expectations, setting performance strategies, and encouraging productivity, excellence, continuous improvement, and achievement.
- Supply resources necessary for subordinates to effectively perform their tasks, including support from other internal resources.
- Provide indirect supervision for a small group of materials associates.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up-to-date with latest supply chain, inventory, and planning concepts.
Experience and Qualifications
We are seeking a candidate with superior leadership and managerial skills, as well as the ability to instill teamwork, delegate effectively, and build collaborative relationships. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing related field.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management or similar role.
- Experience in a related medical device or a contract manufacturing company preferable .
- ERP/MRP experience required. APICS Certification is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Track record of excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Ability to effectively set and communicate expectations/directives to staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with customers and suppliers
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in an ISO regulated environment; highly regulated industry experience such as medical device, automotive, & aerospace is preferred
- Ability/Willingness to travel occasionallyApplication Tips: Candidates will be screened based on how well they meet the criteria defined above. Candidates are encouraged to be as specific/detailed as possible regarding their experience and skill set.
Cadence is an EEO Employer: Male/Female/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply. All hires are required to provide documentation for the purposes of completing an I-9 form; Cadence uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. Cadence is not sponsoring work visas.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Variable compensation plan