Technical Service and Support Engineer
LIGHTHOUSE Instruments LLC is the world leader in laser-based headspace analysis of pharmaceutical products and has supplied machines and services to the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years.
The Service & Support Engineer position is part of a dynamic team providing competent technical product support and services to our North American customers. Responsibilities of this position include frequent communication with customers, order and maintenance management, and service activities performed at customer locations across North America.
- Initiate high-touch customer communications in preparation for technical services and ongoing support.
- Manage a multitude of customer service orders and their maintenance program.
- Set up new analyzers at the customer site, including hardware and software installation, user training, and qualification.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to customers by email and telephone.
- Execute routine maintenance of installed analyzers at the customer site.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of customer analyzers returned to the factory.
- Prepare lease analyzers for delivery to the customer, including software and documentation.
- Offer and sell additional services to existing customers.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Engineering is required.
- Spectroscopy knowledge is required.
- Minimum of 2-7 years’ proven and demonstrated experience in customer product service or equivalent industry-related experience.
- Experience with Instrument validation methods.
- Experience or the ability to learn hardware and software including databases.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport or the ability to obtain both.
- Must be willing to travel within North America up to 40% of working days.
- Experience with cGLP/cGMP preferred.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Active listening and clear communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation skills (e.g., grammar, writing, and editing) to interact professionally with individuals, internally with co-workers, and externally with customers are required.
- Practical problem analysis and resolution skills with acute attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented and self-reliant with the ability to work independently.
- A high level of interpersonal and relationship skills is essential, with the ability to handle sensitive, stressful, and confidential situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Above-average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time, and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines required.
- A team player who can cultivate a team spirit within the department and maintain positive interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply Organization guidelines and procedures within the position and the department.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Employer-sponsored IRA retirement
- Life insurance
- Discretionary annual bonus potential
- Holiday and time-off provisions.