Technical Services Scientist (two positions)
At MicroGEM Bio, we are simplifying complex molecular techniques, moving them out of highly skilled labs to non-laboratory settings where they can be used at the point-of-need to solve biological problems. This is democratizing molecular biology.
This Technical Services Scientist will be responsible for directly interfacing with customers either via phone, email, web-site and all avenues through which customers will reach out for information on and support of MicroGEM’s products. Responsibilities will be related to the support of all MicroGEM’s products – Research, Forensics, and new rapid COVID-19 diagnostic platform. As a new position within the company, this role will help the Director define, refine, and improve the processes, behaviors, and logistics of the team as it continues to grow.
- Respond to customer inquiries as it relates to the usage of MicroGEM’s products.
- Respond to and manage the customer experience as it relates to resolving proper usage, troubleshooting, inquiries related to all products.
- Partner with MicroGEM’s R&D staff, support management, field scientists, and product management in working to resolve customer issues. Initiate, collaborate, and manage customer escalations.
- Partner closely with the field organization (sales, product, and field specialists) in troubleshooting customer issues with the research and forensics products.
- Partner with the field support team in developing application notes, troubleshooting guides, workflow strategies, etc., to ensure customers are successful in adopting and using MicroGEM’s products.
- Provide application and downstream support to customers as it relates to effectively integrating MicroGEM’s novel technologies into their downstream workflows.
- Interface with the company’s R&D and product management teams in communicating customer issues and/or opportunities for continued partnerships with MicroGEM.
- Provide support to the new diagnostic platform as it relates to usage, troubleshooting, replacements, etc.
- Document, process, and track all complaints and inquiries in Customer Support documentation system in compliance with all FDA and ISO requirements.
- Partner with the Quality and Regulatory teams, as needed, to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and systems.
- Begin the development of and continued evolution of a Knowledgebase designed to provide internal staff and customers with consistent support information, tips and tricks, etc., for all MicroGEM products.
- Develop and execute on distributing, collecting, and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys on a routine basis.
- May be asked to occasionally travel locally to deliver a seminar or assist with supporting a customer at their site.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related scientific field. M.S. preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience in a customer facing role or has the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer facing skills.
- The ideal candidate will have broad based experience in a variety of research technologies: sequencing, qRT-PCR, genotyping, CRISPR, forensics, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills. Position may require providing customers short presentations, as needed to educate and resolve customer’s application and/or workflow issues.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience, or willingness to learn, laboratory automation systems and programming for product adaptation.
- Tremendous organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Our customer’s voice is at the center of everything we do.
- We are committed to a vibrant, sustainable world.
- Our integrity defines our value.
- We respect each team member’s unique abilities to drive our success.
- We win through teamwork.
- Our quality defines us.
- Our differentiation is through innovation.
- We grow through continuous process improvement.
- We value our shareholders.
- Health Tech & Software
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance