Technical Services Scientist
This position, reporting into the Director, Technical Services and Customer Care, will be responsible for directly interfacing with customers either via phone, email, website and all avenues through which customers will reach out for information on and support of MicroGEM’s products. Primary responsibilities will be related to the support of MicroGEM’s Life Science Research products, but this position will also help, as needed, on the support of the new diagnostic platform. Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Respond to customer inquiries as it relates to the usage of the MicroGEM’s research products.
- Respond to and manage the customer experience as it relates to resolving proper usage, troubleshooting, inquiries related to the research products.
- Partner with MicroGEM’s R&D staff, support management, field scientists, and product management in working to resolve customer issues. Initiate, collaborate, and manage customer escalations.
- Partner closely with the field organization (sales, product and field specialists) in troubleshooting customer issues with the research products.
- Partner with the field support team in developing application notes, troubleshooting guides, workflow strategies, etc., to ensure customers are successful in adopting and using microGEM’s products.
- Provide application and downstream support to customers as it relates to effectively integrating MicroGEM’s novel technologies into their downstream workflows.
- Interface with the company’s R&D and product management teams in communicating customer issues and/or opportunities for continued partnerships with MicroGEM.
- Provide additional support to the new Spitfire platform as it relates to usage, troubleshooting, replacements, etc.
- Document, process, and track all complaints and inquiries in Customer Support documentation system.
- Partner with the Quality and Regulatory teams, as needed, to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and systems.
- Begin the development of and continued evolution of a Knowledgebase designed to provide internal staff and customers with consistent support information, tips and tricks, etc., for all MicroGEM products.
- Develop and execute on distributing, collecting, and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys on a routine basis.
- May be asked to occasionally travel locally to deliver a seminar or assist with supporting a customer at their site.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field (Ph.D. preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience in a customer facing role, or has the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer facing skills.
- The ideal candidate will have broad based experience in a variety of research technologies: sequencing, qRT-PCR, genotyping, CRISPR, forensics, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills. Position may require to provide customers short presentations, as needed to educate and resolve customer’s application and/or workflow issues.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience, or willingness to learn, laboratory automation systems and programming for product adaptation.
- Tremendous organizational skills.
- Collaborative in nature.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Clinical Research
- Health Tech & Software
- Medical Insurance