Technical Services Specialist
This position, reporting into the Director, Technical Services and Customer Care, will be responsible for directly interfacing with customers either via phone, email, website and all avenues through which customers will reach out for information on and support of MicroGEM’s products. Primary responsibilities will be related to the support of the new rapid COVID-19 diagnostic platform, which will be on the market in early 2021. This position will also help, as needed, on the support of other life science MicroGEM products.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Respond to customer inquiries as it relates to the usage of the new diagnostic platform.
- Respond to and manage the customer experience as it relates to resolving proper usage, troubleshooting, inquiries related to the platform.
- Partner with MicroGEM’s engineers, R&D staff, support management and product management in working to resolve customer issues. Initiate, collaborate, and manage customer escalations.
- Manage the logistics of product returns, and replacements, if warranted, when a problem cannot be resolved remotely.
- Based on the customer experience, provide feedback into the appropriate internal organizations on the customers’ experience with the platform.
- Document, process, and track all complaints and inquiries in Customer Support documentation system, in compliance with FDA and ISO requirements.
- Partner with the Quality and Regulatory teams, as needed, to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Begin the development of and continued evolution of a Knowledgebase designed to provide internal staff and customers with consistent support information, tips and tricks, etc.
- Develop and execute on distributing, collecting, and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys on a routine basis.
Experience and Qualifications
As a new position within the company, this individual will help the Director, Technical Support and Customer Experience define, refine, and improve the processes, behaviors, logistics of the team as it continues to grow.
Minimum Qualifications (desired, but not required):
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in a scientific field, preferably a B.S. in Biology.
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience in a customer facing role or has the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer facing skills.
- Tremendous organizational and administrative skills.
- Collaborative in nature.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Health Tech & Software
- Medical Insurance