BioDiscovery Summit 2022
CvilleBioHub is hosting our first ever BioDiscovery Summit!
Join us for networking, education, & engagement.
The program includes short and exciting updates from companies in our ecosystem and a Keynote Conversation on intellectual property with Derrick Brent, Deputy Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office and a Keynote Presentation from Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO at PLUS THERAPEUTICS, Inc. Then we’ll enjoy extensive networking over beverages and food with members of our innovative community of entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and life science investors.
Space is limited, register now!
Unlocking the Power of Intellectual Property – A Conversation with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- What are the biggest challenges currently facing the USPTO when it comes to reviewing patent applications? How can applicants help resolve or avoid problems associated with these challenges?
- What should companies expect from the filing and prosecution process, and what aspects might be unique to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries? What are ways applicants can avoid patent ineligibility rejections?
- How can companies prosecute patent applications to optimize enforcement opportunities once the patent issues?
Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Rick Hamilton – Session Moderator
Chief Technology Officer, Focused Ultrasound Foundation
Trials and Stipulations: The Clinical and Funding Outlook for Biotech
- Top Industry trends heading into 2023.
- Capital markets uncertainty, the funding outlook, and what it means for founders and the industry.
Dr. Marc Hedrick
CEO, Plus Therapeutics