Associate Electrical Engineer
Luna Labs is seeking an Electrical Engineer that is eager to apply their background to a diverse set of biomedical/mechatronic applications. The candidate will be responsible for designing, prototyping, and testing electrical systems.
The candidate will be able to independently develop and perform early-stage design and prototyping tasks while collaborating with a team in a variety of biotechnology programs in the medical device, wearable sensor, human interfacing/performance, and diagnostic device fields.
The Biotech Group at Luna Labs focuses on developing solutions for critical technical challenges in human interfacing, human performance, and diagnostics, such as a smart life preserver unit to assist rotary aircrew in water-survival situations, high-dimensionality AR/VR tools to enhance simulated reality, and wearable hydration monitors to reduce physiologic episodes throughout long duration missions.
- Assist in development and transition of electrical/mechatronic systems from development to product
- Supports early product development through relevant literature reviews and designing/producing prototype sensor and electro-mechanical systems
- Assists in concept development and leads device prototyping efforts including identification and selection of relevant hardware and integrating into working prototypes
- Executes directed experimentation and validation testing for prototype devices for a range of established and growing biophysics and diagnostic programs
- Produces experimental or simulation results and summarizes data independently
- Utilizes current technology developed at Luna Labs to accomplish tasks on projects and to solve complex technical problems
Experience and Qualifications
Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with relevant experience (BS with 2+ years or MS)
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering
- Hardware selection and integration
- Microcontroller programming (TI, Arduino, Parallax, Pi, etc), PCB layout using a PCB design tool (KiCad, Altium, Eagle)
- Development and documentation of experimental protocols
- Use of common measurement and analysis tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer)
- Matlab, Python, mechatronics design, digital circuit simulation, rapid prototyping, programming (C, C++, etc.)
- Circuit design for sensor data collection and feedback.
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.