Biomaterials Research Associate
The Biotech Group is seeking a Research Associate to support research and development efforts in areas including biomaterials development, clinical diagnostic research, product development, and prototyping. The candidate will be expected to execute laboratory experiments, provide a basic interpretation of data, and simultaneously contribute to activities across multiple projects. A successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for learning and applying the state-of-the-art in science and engineering to develop products with clinical applications. Knowledge of material development and characterization (e.g., HPLC/MS, mechanical testing) is highly preferred.
Luna Labs USA LLC employs a diverse team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals developing and manufacturing a new generation of technologies and products. Luna Labs has taken innovative technologies from the applied research stage to product development and, ultimately, to a variety of commercial markets. Luna Labs’ Biotech Group is committed to addressing critical technical challenges in modern healthcare. This multidisciplinary team drives advancements in medical technology through close partnerships with clinicians and external researchers in diverse fields, including implantable materials, clinical diagnostics, device design, drug and vaccine delivery, and medical simulation.
- Assists in the design of laboratory experiments.
- Executes laboratory experiments using predetermined protocols.
- Provides interpretation of data and results.
- Communicates results and challenges at team meetings and through clear and timely reports.
- Supports technical projects across multiple program managers and program areas.
- Implements state-of-the-art knowledge from the scientific community through literature searches.
- Maintains a well-documented laboratory notebook.
- Demonstrates and promotes safety.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field with introductory laboratory research experience.
- Up to 2 years of relevant research and development experience.
- Basic technical writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for learning and applying the state-of-the-art in science and engineering to develop products with clinical applications.
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.