Composites Manufacturing Technician
This position is a non-exempt role that supports research and development in the area of polymer synthesis and composite production.
The position will involve hands-on composite fabrication and physical testing using new or established methodologies.
Additionally, this role will contribute to ongoing and future projects by assisting in new materials development and experimental design/execution.
- Perform directed experiments within a laboratory setting including material fabrication and physical testing.
- Acquire necessary equipment and supplies for ongoing research.
- Maintain and operates laboratory equipment.
- Record, store, summarize, and interpret raw data under direct supervision.
- Develop new methodology as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate and promote safety.
- Utilize current technology to accomplish tasks on projects and to solve routine technical problems.
Experience and Qualifications
- Hands on experience with polymer reinforced composite fabrication.
- Functions well in a fast-paced and team-oriented R&D environment.
- Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Associates degree or equivalent in Engineering or Materials Science, or >5 years’ experience with polymer composite fabrication and testing.
- Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.