Electromechanical Instrumentation Engineer
LumaCyte is searching for an experienced, reliable, and detail-oriented Electromechanical Instrumentation Engineer.
In this role, the instrumentation engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of duties across instrument manufacturing and R&D. This individual should embrace and enjoy the energy of a rapidly growing company and thrive in a team-based environment. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks.
They are looking for someone who loves the opportunity to wear many hats, embraces times of ambiguity, and is the first one to jump in and offer assistance to team members in need.
- Design and implement mechanical, electrical, and fluidic/microfluidic systems and products through the application of the principles of fluid and solid mechanics, electronics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and materials science
- Confirm system and product capabilities by developing and implementing feasibility and testing methods
- Supply and materials purchasing
- Research and integrate customer requirements, novel manufacturing and assembly methods and materials, and operator observations to enhance current products and develop new ones
- Travel to customer sites to complete installation, preventative maintenance, and service
- Assure system and product quality by testing finished product and system capabilities to confirm proper fabrication, assembly, and calibration
- Regulatory process oversight and management (UL and CE mark)
- Knowledge of ISO manufacturing requirements
- Maintain systems and products database
- Contribute to the team effort by through strong collaborative spirit and approach to workload
- Liaison with machine shops, fabrication services, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
Experience and Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent skills/experience
- 3-5 years’ industrial/commercial experience in manufacturing and design
- Hands-on knowledge and experience working with electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong organizational and technical reading and writing skills
- Strong knowledge and experience using SolidWorks
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with 3D printing and other novel manufacturing techniques preferred
- Familiarity with low level programming and firmware development
- Above average computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets
- Some knowledge of PCB fabrication and design
- General exposure and understanding of computer programming with some experience in writing simple scripts and one-off utilities (language agnostic) is desirable but not required
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.