Product Transition Lead
Working with a global network of manufacturers, suppliers, licensees, and distributors, Luna Labs develops everything from small-scale prototypes to market-ready products.
The Biotech Group at Luna Labs focuses on developing solutions for critical technical challenges in human interfacing, human performance, and diagnostics, such as a wearable pulse oximeter for patient monitoring, a wearable hydration monitor to reduce physiologic episodes throughout long-duration missions, and high-dimensionality AR/VR tools to enhance simulated reality.
To assist with technology development and transition of these and other promising technologies, in support of Luna Labs’ Biotech Group, the Product Transition Lead manages product development and design and implements strategies for commercial transition of a variety of biotech programs in the medical device, wearable sensor, human interfacing/performance and diagnostic spaces.
Additionally, this role is responsible for the acquisition of follow-on funding with a focus on IDIQ, BAA, consortium, and other non-SBIR funds.
United States citizenship is a firm requirement.
- Manage technical projects including experimental design, problem solving, data interpretation, report writing, and tasking of technical teams.
- Collaborate with the internal and external scientific community to maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge to successfully develop products.
- Assist the transition of new technologies into product concepts, prototype designs, and commercialization including protecting valuable IP throughout the process.
- Develop commercial transition strategies, scenarios, and budgets for biotech programs in the wearable system, medical device, human interfacing, and diagnostic space.
- Execute military or commercial transition plans for identified technologies.
- Identify and review emerging requirements and opportunities for transition in areas related to Luna Labs’ Biotech programs (medical devices, wearable sensors, human interfacing/performance, diagnostics).
- Act as the voice of the customer and manage end-stage developmental efforts on funded technologies, including finalizing component selection, manufacturing processes, and determining required compliance of validation testing.
- Assist the team to acquire funding for testing and acquisition through government contracts or preparing strategy requirements for potential internal investment.
- Interface with government and commercial partners, investors, and other stakeholders to guide acquisition of the technology for military and/or civilian use.
- Develop a framework to monitor and track transition metrics to evaluate and improve performance. This should be done with follow-on solutions in mind such that the plan evolves to a flexible template for broader execution.
- Present technical data and technology updates to customers via written reports and oral presentations.
- Manage relationships and expectations with external customers and subcontractors including maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Assist with manufacturing partner selection and oversight.
- Plan and manage required qualification testing for technologies.
- Supervise a small team of development product engineers.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS required, scientific or engineering discipline is preferred.
- 5+ years program management or commercial transition experience. Focus on wearable systems, medical devices, human-interfacing, or human performance technologies preferred.
- High energy, results-driven team member with a positive “nothing is impossible” attitude.
- Ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines both inside and outside of the company.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform financial calculations, including product forecasting.
- Excellent oral and written (Word, PPT) communication/presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.