BrightSpec is a rapidly growing life science tools company launching a powerful, unique, and proprietary analytical platform. We are seeking an experienced service engineer. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and be prepared to tackle a broad set of challenges as the company grows. This is an excellent opportunity for rapid career advancement in a fast-growing small company working on a groundbreaking new analytical tool.
Backed by leading venture capital investors, BrightSpec is an innovative life science tools company offering instruments that harness the power of molecular rotational resonance (MRR) spectroscopy. MRR enables rapid, unambiguous molecular ID and quantitative analysis of mixtures without separation or chemometrics, and no reference samples are needed.
BrightSpec is working with leading pharma, industrial, and academic groups to develop breakthrough methods that will enable important advances in Discovery, Manufacturing, and QAQC. The work is supported by a rising number of publications using BrightSpec instruments. BrightSpec offices are located in Charlottesville, VA, and the MetroWest region of Boston, MA. BrightSpec is committed to a diverse workforce and offers competitive benefits.
- Will work with highly complex equipment (MRR) which requires an advanced understanding of electronics and analytical instrumentation
- Provide on-site installation, testing, and customer training of MRR spectrometers
- Installations involve setting up instruments, and verifying that the system meets factory specifications by running a complex series of Instrument, Operational, and Performance qualifications
- Secure customer acceptance of installation and repairs
- Diagnose problems by in-depth troubleshooting and provide service for the repair of complex instruments
- Re-qualify the instrument after service/repair to ensure proper performance of the instrument
- Perform on-site preventive maintenance and validation of spectrometers
- Organize and prioritize schedule in accordance with customer requirements to determine needs for immediate attention, onsite visits, and remote assistance
- Coordinate with customers to arrange Remote Sessions, phone support, and lab facility inspection for new installations
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Attend in-depth product training at our facility in Virginia
- Communicate and work closely with the support team
- Perform other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years experience diagnosing and repairing electronic, electromechanical, and scientific equipment
- Proven knowledge of analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits
- Strong technical skills involving analytical instrumentation
- Excellent customer focus with the ability to reliably respond to inquiries, communicate and interact with customers
- Excellent verbal, written, MS Office, computer, technical data, communication and presentation skills, with knowledge of TCP/ IP protocols, and the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by the state of residence and in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines within an entrepreneurial and customer-focused work environment
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.