Systems Associate Engineer
The Systems group at Luna Labs USA is seeking an Associate Engineer to help us solve material reliability problems for our customers in the defense, aerospace, and automotive industries.
Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
As an entry-level engineer, the successful candidate will apply hands-on problem-solving skills with a broad range of technical knowledge as part of a multidisciplinary research and development team focused on advancing sensor technology and predictive modeling for real-time measurement of material testing, coating degradation, corrosion, and environment-assisted cracking.
Our team applies a wide range of skills across many engineering disciplines to be successful. If you think you can contribute, we encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement.
- Conduct or design experimental efforts in the field of materials science and corrosion, such as non-destructive testing, environment-assisted cracking testing, coating evaluations, and electrochemical testing
- Perform analysis of experimental data using engineering software packages (e.g., Excel, Python with common data analysis packages, Jupyter, R) to improve our understanding of corrosion and materials degradation processes
- Contribute to planning activities to efficiently accomplish project goals
- Contribute to reports and presentations to external stakeholders
- Expand job-specific knowledge through training, on-the-job learning, and scientific study
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects
- Promote a clean and safe lab environment
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline or equivalent work experience in a related technical field
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from results
- Laboratory or prototyping coursework or experience
- Ability to troubleshoot systems, identify root causes, and implement fixes
- Familiarity with materials performance testing, modeling, and/or sensors
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with engineers and customers of varying backgrounds
- Three years of relevant experience in a research laboratory
- Corrosion evaluation or material testing experience
- Understanding of basic electrical circuits
- Photography and/or image analysis experience
- Ability to prototype and/or improvise solutions (making, DIY, tinkering, etc.)
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.