We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Engineer II with expertise in medical device development to join our organization. As an Engineer II, you will execute the technical strategy for our medical device systems. You will be responsible for developing new concepts from initial design to commercial release. Your focus will be on complex materials selection, mechanism design, and the metal and plastic manufacturing processes.
Luminoah is a medical technology company that develops innovative tube-feeding solutions to help people live healthier and better lives. Our portable, intuitive, and connected feeding system creates a new reality for users, providing freedom to feed anytime, anywhere while empowering healthcare providers to support patients remotely with data-driven insights. To learn more, visit Luminoah.com.
We were founded by Neal Piper, whose 3-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer in 2019. Neal and his family saw firsthand how antiquated the current feeding tube system is – requiring children to live a sedentary lifestyle while attached to cumbersome equipment and inability to share data effectively with their physician. He assembled a team of experienced professionals from some of the most successful companies in diabetes care, spine care, and software development to build the world’s first truly portable, connected tube feeding system. Visit here to read more about our founding story: https://news.virginia.edu/content/sons-rare-often-deadly-brain-tumor-drove-his-father-build-better-medical-technology.
If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can make a real difference in patients’ lives, then Luminoah is the place for you. We are a fast-growing company with a big vision, looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes, and/or equipment
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities
- Write and submit intellectual property (patents)
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development
- Investigates and evaluate existing technologies
- Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development
- Assists in research, investigation, and creation of novel products interacting with biological tissues from concept development through product release
- Designs products with a complex emphasis on materials selection, complex mechanism design, and metal and plastic manufacturing processes
- The employee will also be responsible for detailed, technical manufacturing schedules with outside suppliers, performing basic strength of materials and standard finite element analyses, and design tests to verify failure modes. Writes design verification and validation protocols and completes all design control documentation related to a project as per FDA and AIMDD requirements
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Minimum 2-5 years experience in product development, design, and development of medical products preferred
- Engineering Master’s degree is preferred
- Proficiency in SolidWorks solid modeling, familiarity with FDA’s Design Control and regulatory processes, CE mark process, and ISO requirements
- Knowledge of human anatomy, physiological tissue property and biological material interface, and knowledge of surgical procedures and tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Health Tech & Software
- Health Insurance
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.