Carilion Clinic Innovation (CCI) is part investor, accelerator, and commercialization engine for Carilion innovators and inventions. Our metrics center on tangibly improving the health of our community through developing and commercializing Carilion’s patient-benefiting inventions and co-developing with startups and early-stage products that share our vision of the next horizon of better care.
The Innovation Manager (IM) will have the unique opportunity to vanguard and own the Invention Accelerator programs. The Invention Accelerator programs are designed for developing and de-risking Carilion inventions to advance the inventions to commercialization.
- Oversee the operations and expansion of CCI’s Makerspace, an invention development resource equipped with a range of prototyping capabilities
- Manage a team and funds to meet accelerator goals
- Work collaboratively with our internal and regional partners: Carilion Department of Research and Development (R&D), Carilion Human Factors Department, Virginia Tech, Fralin Biomedical Research Institute, University of Virginia, external product development and design firms, vendors, and many others
- Shift and ensure continuity between vision, strategy, execution, and metrics
- Closely collaborate with the Commercialization arm of CCI on the overall invention strategy
- Work with Carilion innovators and their promising commercialize inventions to advise and inform invention development strategy, scope projects, and project management, and collaborate and provide stakeholder management.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s, MBA, or Ph.D. Degree preferred
- Experience in commercializing intellectual property, product management, research, and tech transfer in health care and related environments
- Experience using human-centered design, lean startup methodologies, and agile development
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership or healthcare-equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Project/Product Management or recent demonstrated project success of a Carilion multi-department leadership project
Licensure, certification, and/or registration:
- Certification in project management preferred
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships through strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet computer software, and data analysis
- Must satisfactorily complete orientation processes
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.